Issues - Gender-related
- Agencia Latinoamericana de Información: Gender and Communication
- "ALAI's Women's Program actively promotes the right to communicate, and a gender focus in communication."
- Development Forum
- "This page includes current and upcoming online
resources related to gender issues. It is sponsored by the the World Bank Institute and
the Bank's Gender unit."
- Education and Gender
- Information on topics including single sex schooling, gender equity in the classroom, and female student retention.
The Fruits of Girls' Education
- International Food Policy Research
Institute (IFPRI)article on the benefits of educating girls in developing countries.
Gender and Intrahousehold Aspects of
- Information obtained by the International Food Policy Research
- A site about the use of gender in language.
- Gender and Technology
- "The Gender & Technology Study Group aims to provide a focus and a
forum for research into all aspects of gender in respect of technology."
- The Gender Approach
- Information on the relation between gender and community water and
Issues in Distance Education
- A discussion forum on gender issues in education.
Gender & Media links
- Links from the University of Iowa Department of Communication Studies.
Gender, Science and Technology: International Policy Issues
- Gender, Science and Development Programme's home page (Canada).
- Gender, Sex,
- Links to texts addressing the impact of the internet on gender issues.
Sexual Harassment Regulations from the U.S. Dept. of Education
- Office of Civil Rights; Sexual Harassment Guidance: Harassment of
Students by School Employees, Other Students, or Third Parties; Notice
Software for girls
- A list of software for girls.
Ending Violence Against Women
- A John's Hopkins School of Public Health Population Report.
- Website about the relationship between
the mass media and people's identities, gender and everyday
lives, but with a particular emphasis on queer theory and
related resources (material on Judith Butler, Foucault, etc).
- Women of Color
- Information on feminism, sexuality, teaching tools, reproductive
rights, organizations and discussions.
Women's Health and Gender Differences
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse Research group "to promote the
conduct and dissemination of research on women's
health and gender differences."
Women's Human Rights Net
- Sponsored by a collaboration of women's human rights group this web site hopes to expand advocacy through information and communications technology.
PETA and pornographic culture articles
- "PETA and a Pornographic Culture, I
A Feminist Analysis of 'I'd rather go naked than wear